When developing the Ultraventure, Topo was inspired by feedback from their trail and ultrarunners. These runners are running tons of miles, so designers started with a healthy portion of foam. Then they designed it to offer a little guidance which helps keep you on track when your body starts to break down. Also, the roomy toe box is reminiscent of an Altra shoe but 5mm heel-to-toe drop is a little easier on the calves during super long runs.
With the addition of an aggressive Vibram outsole with 6mm multidirectional lugs, it’s hard not to take this shoe seriously. Finished off with a fully gusseted tongue and an abrasion-resistant mesh upper, the Ultraventure shows the trail running world that Topo is not playing around!
• 3 Piece Multi-density EVA Midsole offers increased cushioning and protection.
• Multi-directional Lugs provide aggressive traction over a variety of surfaces.
• Vibram XS Trek Outsole runs the length of the shoe for increased durability and traction.
• Abrasion Resistant Mesh provides breathability while keeping the shoe free from debris.
• Printed Upper Pattern provides a snug midfoot lockdown for a more anatomical fit.
• Ghillie lacing system provides additional midfoot security in the upper.
• Anatomical Toe Box provides an extra wide toe box shape to promote a more natural toe splay.
• Gaiter Attachment making it compatible with Topo’s stretch nylon gaiter. (gaiter not included)
• Sizing: True to size
• Heel Width: Medium
• Midfoot Volume: Medium
• Toe Box Width: Wide
• Toe Box Height: Medium
• Arch Height: Medium
Stack Height: 26/21 Drop: 5mm Weight: 246,6 g (size 8)